Undergraduate Course Schedule
Course Notes & Policies
Scheduling for Undergraduate Requirements
Courses required of our undergraduate majors are offered at least once a year, in either Fall or Spring depending on faculty availability and departmental needs. Given that the exact timing of required courses cannot always be predicted, students are strongly urged to plan ahead and take their requirements as early in their time in TDPS as possible. Exceptions to the requirements will not be made.
Undergraduate Participation in Graduate Seminars
Theater 200A, 200B, and 203 are usually only open to Performance Studies PhD students, but our other graduate courses are open to all qualified graduate students as well as unusually qualified undergraduate students. Undergraduate students wishing to register for a graduate seminar must meet all of the following conditions:
TDPS Majors Must:
- Have already taken the three required Performance Studies upper division courses, with a GPA of at least 3.6 average in those courses
- Have the prior written approval of the instructor, acknowledging that s/he has discussed the course with you, and has been informed of your background and GPA
- Understand that the graduate seminar is taken as an “elective”
Non-TDPS Majors Must:
- Have a GPA of at least 3.6 average in relevant upper-division coursework in another department (i.e., formal courses in literature, history, theory, or cultural studies), and have taken at least three upper-division courses of this kind in the home department
- Have the prior written approval of the instructor, acknowledging that s/he has discussed the course with the student, and has been informed of his/her background and GPA
It is understood that in approaching an instructor for permission, the student will make his/her qualifications for the course (i.e. prior background and GPA) known to the instructor; students who have instructor approval but do not meet the GPA/background requirement will not be permitted in the course.