Tickets & Guest Information
Tickets are available online up to two hours before each performance at tickets.berkeley.edu
In-person ticket sales begin one hour before each performance at the venue designated on the event listing.
Exchanges & Refunds
Please note that TDPS ticketing is currently managed by Cal Performances. For ticket confirmations, exchanges, or refunds, please contact the Cal Performances ticket office at 510-642-9988 or email@example.com
- Students (All Ages): $10 online or at the door
- UC Berkeley Employees: $13 online or at the door
- Seniors (Age 65+): $13 online or at the door
- Full Price: $18 online or at the door
Planning Your Visit
Arrival & Doors
Please plan to arrive on campus 30–40 minutes prior to an event to ensure that you are in your seat before showtime. The lobby opens 30 minutes prior to the performance, and the theater opens 20 minutes prior to the performance.
Visit our facilities page for directions to Zellerbach Playhouse, Durham Studio Theater, and other venues.
Detailed information, locations, and pricing of nearby parking lots can be found on Parkopedia. Occasionally, two or more campus events occur on the same day or evening, which can make finding a parking space more challenging. See Cal Performances' parking alerts for updates on known possible parking conflicts.
The current COVID-19 safety requirements for attending performances in our 2022/23 season are outlined below. Policies are subject to change throughout the season as necessary. Changes will be reflected on this page and communicated directly to affected ticket-holders via email.
Considerations Before Attending
If you are sick or have been experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have been in contact with someone known to be or suspected to have been infected with COVID-19 within the last 10 days, or are subject to a quarantine or isolation order, please stay home and do not attend a performance.
Masks Required Inside Performance Venues
- Every guest is required to wear an appropriate mask while inside our performance venues.
- N95, KN95, KF94, or FFP2 masks are recommended, though cloth and surgical masks are also permitted. See below for details.
- Up-to-date vaccinations are strongly recommended, though not required.
Choosing an Appropriate Mask
Appropriate masks fit snugly over your nose, mouth, and chin. When wearing cloth masks, we recommend double-masking with a surgical mask underneath to improve the fit. Unacceptable face coverings include masks with exhalation valves or vents, scarves, balaclava, bandanas, and neck gaiters.
Refunds & Exchanges
If you are unable to attend or uncomfortable attending a performance for any reason related to COVID-19, please contact the ticket office to arrange a refund or exchange:
We strive to make our venues and events welcoming and accessible to everyone. If you require an accommodation for effective communication or information about campus mobility access features in order to fully participate in an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much advance notice as possible. We generally require at least seven days advance notice to ensure that an accommodation can be made.
- All TDPS performance venues are wheelchair-accessible. To reserve a space, please email email@example.com before purchasing your ticket.
- Assistive-listening devices are available for performances in Zellerbach Playhouse. Please request these devices from the box office or front of house staff when attending a performance.
- ASL interpretation and closed captioning services may be arranged upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much advance notice as possible (at least 7–10 days in advance).
- To locate accessible entrances to our venues, visit our Facilities Information page.
- For additional resources related to campus accessibility, visit the Berkeley Disability Access website.
Attendance & Ticket Policies
Complimentary Tickets for Students & TDPS Affiliates
- TDPS faculty, staff, graduate students, declared majors, work-study employees, and production participants are eligible for a limited number of complimentary tickets to Playhouse and Studio Productions. (Please note that there may be exceptions for some performances or productions.)
- Please email email@example.com to request a link to the complimentary ticket form.
No Student Turned Away for Lack of Funds
If you are required to attend a performance for a UC Berkeley class and purchasing a ticket presents a financial burden, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a complimentary ticket. Please include the class title and your instructor's name with your request. Requests must be received at least three business days before a performance.
For online ticket orders, please ensure that you receive either a confirmation page or email upon completion of your order. If there is an error and you do not receive at least one form of confirmation, please confirm your order with the Zellerbach Hall ticket office by calling 510-642-9988 or emailing email@example.com
Due to the varying nature of our productions, we cannot guarantee late seating for any performance. Please plan to arrive on time to ensure that you will be admitted.
Some productions allow for late seating at specific times during a performance. You may be asked to wait in the lobby until it is less disruptive to enter the theater.
Late seating is never permitted in Room 7 (Zellerbach Hall) and is rarely permitted in Durham Studio Theater.
Wait Lists for Sold Out Performances
Wait Lists for Sold Out Performances
If a show is sold out, you may come to the venue to be put on a wait list beginning one hour before the scheduled performance. Patrons must be physically present and may only place their own names on the list. At five minutes prior to performance time, available tickets will be sold/issued to patrons on the waitlist. List position is forfeited if a patron is not present when their name is called.
Child Policy & Parental Guidance
Young people are welcome at TDPS events. Since performances require a sustained attention span, please be considerate of both your young ones and other guests by excusing yourself with your child if they become disruptive during a performance.
To ensure that everyone enjoys the show, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Children 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Every patron, regardless of age, must have a valid ticket of admission to enter the theater.
- For children under the age of 1, you may request a “babes-in-arms” ticket free of charge from the box office with the purchase of an accompanying adult price ticket. This “babes-in-arms” ticket entitles the child entry to the theater provided that the accompanying adult holds the child in their arms.
- Children over the age of 1 are eligible for the student ticket price.
- Please note that there are currently no diapering/changing tables in Zellerbach Playhouse.
Some shows contain mature content, language, or themes. Please carefully consider whether a performance is appropriate for children before planning to attend with young people. To help you make an informed decision, please feel free to contact the TDPS box office for specific information about a show’s content: firstname.lastname@example.org