The Playhouse at Zellerbach Hall is a 547-seat theater with a flexible configuration. It is the primary venue for TDPS performances and production labs.
The Playhouse is located on the UC Berkeley campus to the rear of Zellerbach Hall on Spieker Plaza. It is across from Alumni House and Haas Pavilion, near the corner of Bancroft and Dana streets. If arriving by car, plan ample time for parking.
The Playhouse is accessible by wheelchair via the ramp on the north side of the building, adjacent to the Lower Sproul garage entrance. Visit Disability Access & Compliance for more information.
Detailed information, locations and pricing of lots can be found on Parkopedia.
Parking on Lower Sproul Plaza is now open!
- Access to Zellerbach is once again available from Bancroft Ave, both through the breezeway at the newly built Eshelman Hall and from the Telegraph Ave/Bancroft Ave. intersection.
- The Student Union parking garage (renamed Lower Sproul Lot) below Zellerbach has reopened.
- Patrons can be dropped off at the loading zone area along Bancroft Way and access Zellerbach via a short walk through the Eshelman building breezeway.
Suggested Parking Lots:
- Lower Sproul Lot (formerly MLK Student Union Garage)
Bancroft Way near Telegraph Avenue, under Zellerbach Hall
- Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) Garage
Bancroft Way at Ellsworth Avenue
- Bancroft/Fulton Lot
Bancroft Way between Ellsworth Avenue and Fulton Street
- Dana/Durant Lot
Dana Street near Bancroft Way, across from Zellerbach Hall
- Telegraph-Channing Garage
Entrances on Durant Avenue and Channing Street, between Telegraph Avenue and Dana Street
- Bancroft Structure
Bancroft Way between College Avenue and Bowditch Street
Directions by Car
From Northbound Highway 101 (San Francisco/Daly City)
- Follow 101 North and then switch to 80 East, San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
- After the Bay Bridge,Exit to I-80 East (Berkeley/Sacramento)
- Exit on University Avenue
- Continue East on University Avenue for approximately 1.5 miles to Oxford Street From Highway 24
- From Highway 24 exit Telegraph Ave.
- Continue on Telegraph until it dead ends at the campus on Bancroft.
- Make a left on Bancroft.
From Westbound Highway 13
- Highway 13 becomes Tunnel Road
- Continue on Tunnel Road. Tunnel Road becomes Ashby Avenue near the Claremont Hotel
- Turn right at Shattuck Avenue
- Turn right at University Avenue and continue east one block to Oxford Street.
From I-80 East or West
- Exit University Avenue
- Continue east on University Avenue for approximately 1.5 miles to Oxford Street From Westbound I-580
- Exit I-80 East (to Berkeley, Sacramento)
- Exit at University Avenue
- Continue east on University Avenue for approximately 1.5 miles to Oxford Street
From North I-880 (San Jose; Hayward; Oakland Airport)
- Stay in left center lanes
- Exit 80 East (to Berkeley)
- Exit at University Avenue
- Continue East on University Avenue for approximately 2 miles to Oxford Street
Directions by Train (BART)
Exit at Downtown Berkeley Station, located at the corner of Center Street and Shattuck Avenue. Walk one block east on Center Street to the edge of campus, then turn right on Oxford Street until Bancroft Way. Turn left on Bancroft and continue until you reach Dana Avenue (not a through street; look for it branching off Bancroft to your right). Take a left into campus; you will see a brown-shingled building on your right and the basketball stadium on your left. Zellerbach Playhouse will be on your right after the brown-shingled building. You can enter up the stairs, or circle around the building to use the ramp.
Exit at Rockridge Station. Take a #51 AC Transit Bus north on College Avenue to the campus and exit at Bancroft Way and Telegraph Avenue for Zellerbach Playhouse. See map above for location of Zellerbach Playhouse on campus.