Department Chair: Lisa Wymore
Prof. Lisa Wymore is the current TDPS Department Chair. The Chair is responsible for planning the programs of the department in teaching, research, and public programming and keeping the curriculum under review. In addition, the Chair is responsible for the recruitment, selection and evaluation of both the faculty and staff personnel; making teaching assignments; preparing budgets and administering the financial affairs of the department; and maintaining a climate that is hospitable to creativity, diversity, and innovation.
Department Vice Chair: Shannon Steen
Associate Professor Shannon Steen is the current TDPS Vice Chair. The Vice Chair is responsible for providing leadership in the areas of public programming and production, ensuring these realize our curricular goals and fulfill our departmental mission of critical inquiry, creative expression and public engagement. The Vice Chair also assists the Department Chair in fulfilling a range of department duties.
Robin Davidson is the Graduate Student Services Advisor for the Ph.D. program, as well as the course scheduler for TDPS. Applicants, current students, and faculty can contact her with inquiries about our doctoral program and TDPS instructors can contact her with questions related to course scheduling. Robin is available Monday-Friday in the mornings from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM.
Email Robin or call at 510-643-4050
Undergraduate Advisor: Michael Mansfield
Michael Mansfield is the Undergraduate Academic Advisor for the BA Major and Minor Programs in Theater and Performance Studies and Dance and Performance Studies. Prospective students, new students, transfer students, current students, staff, and faculty can contact him with questions or academic support, such as:
• declare or change a major, minor, or double major in TDPS
• approve transfer courses or equivalent courses
• discuss applications for H195A/B, 196, 197, 198, 199 courses, or study abroad semesters
• approve course of study each semester and discuss dreams and future goals
• answer questions about research, teaching, service, and leadership opportunities
• help with DSP (Disability Student Program) accommodations
• help with paperwork for medical drops, semester withdrawals, or incomplete courses
Michael is available Monday-Friday in the afternoons from 1:00 – 4:00 PM. Email Michael or call at 510-643-4050