So far in the 2018–2019 academic year, TDPS has welcomed several guest artists and scholars in our classrooms, with many more to come in Spring 2019. Guest artists and scholars share insights into their current work and research, provide guidance on current industry practices, and connect students with professional opportunities.
Many of these visits were supported by the Shelly Osborne Guest Artist Fund. We are extremely grateful for this ongoing support that enables TDPS to bring a wide variety of professionals into our classrooms, studios, and workshops.
2018–2019 Guest Artists & Scholars:
- Jiwon Chung, Artistic Director of Kairos Theater Ensemble
- Janet Foster, Bay Area Casting Director
- Jim French, Lighting Director for San Francisco Ballet
- Jorge Garcia, Mexican Danzante and Researcher
- Warren David Keith, Actor, Director, and Teacher
- Lenora Lee, Choreographer
- Cynthia Ling, Choreographer and Professor of Theater
- Stephen Meyerink, Translator and Editor
- Thaïs Miller, Author and Teacher
- Genevieve Erin O’Brien, Performance Artist, Community Organizer, and Educator
- Octavio Solis, Playwright