CONFIRMING THE MINOR
Students can confirm their intention to minor in Theater & Performance Studies after enrolling in one course in the Department of Theater, Dance, and Performance Studies.
Things to know about your minor:
- All courses in the minor must be taken for a letter-grade.
- You must keep a GPA of 2.0 or better in the upper division minor units.
- A course with the identical course number may only be counted twice toward the minor, and only 2 courses may be repeated in this way.
- See the Undergraduate Handbook for further information.
THEATER & PERFORMANCE STUDIES MINOR REQUIREMENTS
You should also know that, as a major, it is expected that students will maintain a 2.0 GPA. Additionally, letter-graded courses for the major MUST be taken for a letter grade.
Please see the Department’s Undergraduate Handbook for more information.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT TRANSFER CREDIT
- The Theater & Performance Studies Minor requires five upper division courses; at least three of these courses must be taken in the Department.
- A transferred course from another college or another department must be advisor-approved. Transfer students can determine transfer-ability of coursework into the minor by bringing a copy of previous transcripts/course descriptions to Michael Mansfield for evaluation.
- Equivalent courses to Theater 10 transfer into the minor from other institutions.
- Except for Theater 10, it is rare that a course from a Junior College will transfer into the minor because equivalent coursework is seldom found.
- Since your minor will be from the Department of Theater, Dance, and Performance Studies, it is likely you will do most of your minor coursework here.
Academic questions, declare major, class schedule planning:
Michael Mansfield, Undergraduate Advisor
15B Dwinelle Hall (office hours: Mon-Fri, 1pm to 4pm)