- Soft Goods
- Video & Projection
- Dressing Rooms
- Rehearsel Space
- Directions & Map
Stage right, 15′ (4.57m) from stage, trailer height. Can accommodate only 1 truck at a time. Doors 12 x 16′ (3.66m x 4.88m).
Audience area can be set up as either proscenium or thrust, with variable configurations.
Maximum Seating – 547
Total Fixed seating – 439
|Proscenium||66′ x 20′||(19.20 x 9.14)|
|Typical Trim||44′-9″ x 16′||(13.64m x 4.88m)|
|Curtain to rear wall||33’10″||(10.31m)|
|Curtain to last line set||32′||(9.75m)|
|Curtain to edge of apron||6′||(1.85m)|
|Thrust (elevator)||29’4″ x 14’8″||(8.94m x 4.47m)|
|Height of stage from auditorium||3’0″||(.91m)|
|Distance to grid||53′
(maximum out trim 47′)
The hallway on stage right is shared with Zellerbach Auditorium/Cal Performances, as are stairwells and other common areas of Zellerbach Hall.
Flat black particle board floor over fir. Not raked.
Black/White dance floor.
|Grand Drape Fly (Light Blue)||Stage Left pull|
|Legs, 2 pair (Black)||12′ w x 24′-6″ h|
|Legs, 3 pair (Black)||22′ w x 24′-6″ h|
|Borders, 4 (Black)||60′ w x 12′ h|
|Black Scrim||24′-6″ h x 50′ w|
|White Bounce||24′-6″ h x 50′ w|
- Yamaha LS9-32 with MY16AT-CA ADAT 16 in+16 out card. Client PC available on arrangement.
- MACKIE 1604
- iMac 24″
- M-Audio 410 firewire interface
- M-Audio Profire Lightbridge interface
- Pro-Tools M-powered v7
- LiveLite v7
- QLab v2 with Pro-Bundle
- Cricket v2
- 2 Meyer MSL-3 hung under proscenium SL & SR,
- 2 Meyer M3-T processors
- 1 Rane GE-60 Equalizers routed to MSL-3 mains.
- 4 JBL Wedge monitors.
- 4 JBL Hung as Center Cluster
- 1 Sennheiser MD 402
- 2 Audio-Technica AT8355x choir mics
- 2 Shure Beta 58
- 2 Shure SM 58
- 2 Sennheiser EW 135 G2 E835 Wireless Handheld
- 6 Sennheiser E300 Lavalier kits with ME2 microphones
- 1 Sennheiser E100 Lavalier kit with ME4 microphone
- 2 Crown D300 (for monitors)
- 2 Crest (for mains)
- 2 Denon DN-360 CD Players
- 1 Denon DN-650 CD Player
- 1 Denon DN-600 CD Player
- 1 Tascam DA-30 DAT
- 1 Otari MX-5050bii 1/4 in, 1/2 track stereo (3 3/4, 7 1/2, 15 ips)
- Clear-Com MS-704 4 channel main station
- Clear-Com IF4W4 Interface
- Clear-Com Cell-Com wireless intercom system
- 10 beltpacks routed to the 4 channel wired system
- House Set-Up is Party Line A- Deck, Party Line B- Sound, Party Line C- Lights, Party Line D- Video. Belt packs assigned variously.
- Clear-Com MS-222, 2 channel intercom.
- Paging and program system to dressing rooms
- ETC EOS
- ETC ION
- 2 RVI for designer remote screens.
- Wireless Focus Remote.
- ETC installed dimmer per circuit, 450 dimmers plus house and work lighting.
- Distributed circuits and multi-cable outlets.
- Distributed ETC Net
- 10 Net2 2 port DMX nodes
- 2 Net3 4 port DMX nodes, booth and DSR
- 400 Amp, 3 Phase, located Stage Right.
Circuits/Lighting Positions (All circuits 2P&G stagepin.)
- Contact Production Manager for most current configuration.
- 2 Lycian Short Throw
- ETC Revolution- 6, with 6 Iris, 6 Rotating Wheel and 6 Shutter Modules
- Martin TW1- 6
- Wybron CXI with mounting plates for 8″ 2KW Fresnels-15
- Wybron Forerunner with mounting plates for 6.25″ Source Four- 14
- 30 2kw 8″ Strand
- 19 degree- 40
- 26 degree- 64
- 36 degree- 78
- 50 degree-16
- Fixtures subject to availability.
- Additional lighting inventory is shared with Zellerbach Auditorium.
- 12 12 lamp, 4 circuit, 6′, R40 x 300w Century pre-positioned as ground row in the Cyc pit. 2 rows of 6.
- 6 12 lamp, 4 circuit, 6′, R40 x 300w Century
Important Notes: Please advance an inventory and lighting plot. Zellerbach Playhouse does not maintain a reliable gel inventory.
- 3 Denon DNV-200 DVD player
- 2 Sanyo XP57L Projector with fixed short throw lens (.8 throw ratio)
- 1 Rosco Grey 9′ h x 12′ w rear projection screen
- 2 Roscp Grey 12′ h x 16′ w rear projection screen
|Act Curt||0||10||1||Act Curtain|
TDPS has an extensive properties collection, please contact the department with your properties questions.
TDPS has an extensive costume collection, please contact the department with your costume questions.
Two dressing rooms one flight down from stage level. All dressing rooms equipped with monitors and page system. Dressing rooms have mirrors with lights, costume racks and dressing tables. Toilet facilities and showers are conveniently located. Some dressing rooms are shared with CAL Performances Productions and are subject to availability.
Space is available locally upon advance arrangement. Call for rates, reservations and availability.
Pianos are shared between CAL Performances and Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies.
- Steinway Model D, 9′ concert grand
- Mason & Hamlin, 6′ grand piano (suitable for rehearsal)
- Yamaha upright
The Zellerbach Playhouse is located on the UC Berkeley campus to the rear of Zellerbach Hall on Spieker Plaza, across from Alumni House and Haas Pavilion (near the corner of Bancroft and Dana streets). If arriving by car, plan ample time for parking.